3.16.2015

Warm Weather is Here to Stay (Hopefully)





(top -- Urban Outfitters; skirt -- H&M; sandals -- Topshop)

Today, the weather hit it’s all time high of the year -- almost 85 degrees. Pretty soon it’ll probably drop back to 50, but I’ll enjoy it while it lasts. I celebrated this weather by taking summer-esque items that contain more fall/winter colors to create a contrast between the warm weather and the still winter season. My favorite part about this skirt is that it can be worn year round, depending on what is worn with it. For a fall/winter look, just add a cropped sweater and ankle boots, and for a spring/summer look, just add strappy sandals and a light, sleeveless top, like what I did today. The red and black colors, usually associated with colder months, really contrasted with the spring shape of the items to create a unique look that’s perfect for this awkward transition between winter and spring. Although I’m not a huge fan of the really hot weather, I do love having the freedom to wear more minimal clothing. It makes it ten times easier to find an outfit and not have to worry about layers or having something to cover your legs. Don’t get me wrong -- winter fashion will always be my favorite, but sometimes, the warmer temperatures do make dressing well a much simpler and easier task. 

No comments:

Post a Comment