3.11.2015

Monochrome + Red Lips







Sorry for the late post! Dance practice ran later than usual, so I wasn't even able to take the pictures until 9 tonight. 
Today’s look focuses on simple monochrome with small, contrasting accents. I’m finally able to wear this dress that I got in January from Urban Outfitters (it doesn't look too good with tights, so it needs to be warmer outside), and I wanted to create a basic look with it by using a similar color scheme. Instead of adding more accessories to a basic dress, I kept the look simple by just wearing my cut-out boots without socks to emphasize the cutouts and the black colors. Because my blonde hair is not enough to brighten an extremely dark outfit, I wore my bright red lipstick from Nars to create sophistication and add contrast to a seemingly dull look. I am a huge enthusiast of wearing all black (it’s literally the universal color that works with everything), and I still was able to slightly change the monochromatic scheme with the lipstick, which added just enough color.  Also, the femininity in the lipstick created a perfect balance with the more shapeless masculinity of the black dress. This Spring, I have decided I’m going to challenge myself to make outfits just as amazing by decreasing the amount of accessories and emphasizing simple items with bold lips or small but noticeable accents, and this outfit (along with Monday’s) has been extremely successful with that challenge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment