3.20.2015

My New Hair



It’s been 8 months since I actually cut my hair, and once I realized that when I straightened my hair, it went all the way down to waistline on skirts, I set up an appointment to get my hair cut. One of the few things I don’t put time and effort into is my hair (I literally shower at night, sleep on wet hair, wake up, and go out without doing anything to it), so I thought I would do something with it to give my style a new look and increase my self esteem (it works, I swear). I was scared to get anything done because I was a bit attached to my long hair, which is probably an unhealthy relationship. My sister kept telling me, “Hair grows back!”, so it really wouldn’t hurt to try something. Because my hair was so long, 12 inches of my hair would have to be cut off to actually make my hair officially “short”, so I had a long range of options to choose from to still keep medium-long hair. I decided to go right in the middle -- 6 inches. It seems like a lot, but it really wasn’t that much. All it did was lift a huge weight off my shoulders (literally). Also, my hair stylist decided to razor my hair (if you don’t know what that means, it’s where she takes a strand of hair, softly combs a sharp “razor” through the hair, which gives a textured/choppy look without cutting definite layers), which I’ve never gotten done before. My hair stylist also loves experimenting with different styles after she cuts, so she created the look of loose waves by taking a flat iron and pulling the hair through in an “s” shape, which gives the waves multiple directions/bends. It reminds me of the look that’s been on the runway this past fashion week with ‘70s-esque waves that I’m obsessed with. Hopefully I’ll be able to learn how to do that with my flat iron (and when I have time), but the razor still gives my hair a lot of texture and wave it didn’t have before. I’m so excited to try new styles with it, and I’m even more excited to get my hair dyed a lighter blonde next week (pictures to come!). 


No comments:

Post a Comment