3.09.2015

All-Cotton Basics







I've learned in my years of shopping and choosing to dress well that simple, essential items are key to keeping a good wardrobe without spending too much money. These items can be re-worn in hundreds of unique ways, making your closet versatile, but also not costly. Today, I went for a more simple look by combining my basic essentials into a cute but casual outfit. I basically did an all-cotton look -- my favorite white tee from Urban Outfitters, my super-soft circle skirt from Urban Outfitters as well (yes, I know, I shop there too much), and my socks from Madewell that I paired with my favorite sandals from Topshop. Daylight Savings Time really messed up my sleeping schedule, so I didn't have much time to prep this morning. I wanted to wear something that made me feel better, but also look better (I promise that dressing up -- even if it's barely anything -- will make your day at least 10 times better). I created a more unique look by adding the socks and sandals, and I still managed to keep a simple outfit with the minimal shapes and lack of accessories. And because I knew today was going to be extremely tiresome, I wore a natural face with minimal eye makeup and a light pink shade for my lips. Sometimes, simple is better, and I proved that today with my outfit. 




No comments:

Post a Comment