3.14.2015

Tips for Concert Fashion






(top -- Urban Outfitters; bralette -- Urban Outfitters; chambray shirt -- Madwell; jeans -- Urban Outfitters; shoes -- Asos)

Last night I saw Hozier live at the Tabernacle (he was amazing!!), and I wanted to use last night’s outfit to talk about concert fashion in general and outfit tips depending on the venue and weather. All week, it was warm, but of course on 

Friday, the weather had to drop to 40 degrees. This colder weather calls for one thing -- layers. It will be freezing outside (waiting in line without enough clothes is a very miserable experience) but it will feel like a sauna inside, especially if you’re on the floor (which I was, of course), if you’re wearing too much clothes. This is why winter month concerts are so difficult, but there is a way to at least lower the extremes of cold and hot. It’s always best to start off with a very light top -- no sleeves, light material, literally anything that will make you feel like you’re not even wearing a shirt. This will pay off when you’re midway through the concert and you’re sweating all over. It will probably take off an extra 10 degrees. I wore my light crop top from Urban outfitters with a lace hem to keep my body temperature normal during the concert. Also, comfort is crucial during a concert, so instead of wearing a normal bra (or a strapless bra that I would have to wear with this top), just wear a lace bralette that you can show off and achieve maximum comfort with. The bottom half is probably the hardest in temperature dilemmas like these. To find a good medium, I wore my boyfriend jeans with many holes. The jeans will still keep me warm outside, but inside, the holes allowed my legs to actually breathe. However, my legs were still very hot inside, so I’d suggest wearing shorts and tights instead (I was going to, but I could not find the shorts I wanted to wear). Next, you have to bring multiple light layers instead of one big layer because no one likes that person who carries around a huge coat inside a sweaty concert. No one. So instead, bring a light cover-up, like a flannel, or in this case, a chambray shirt. This layer can be worn inside at a more chilly restaurant, and during the concert it can be simply tied around the waist -- basically a common sense concert tip. Unless you’re invincible to the cold, this one layer isn’t going to do much, especially when you’re waiting 2 hours to meet Hozier outside and then you find out the Marta station closes at 1 a.m. so you have to sprint to Marta and you don’t even get to meet Hozier. (Yes, this really happened. I know.) The best option is to add a light jacket, like the thin one I have from Mango (not pictured in the images), because it can also be tied around the waist or it can be tied around the purse/bag you bring. This brings up another thing -- always bring a small, easy, and accessible purse, something that goes across the chest and can fit the essentials -- phone, wallet, and concert ticket. Finally, the shoes are very important. Find your most comfortable pair of shoes that don’t have too high of a heel (even mine were too high, my heels really started aching about halfway through the show), but also that look good with the outfit. It may seem impossible to find the most practical yet cute outfits for concerts, but I promise you, it’s possible. I’ve been to my fair share of concerts (remember, I’m a huge music fan), and I have found ways over the years to make the best concert experience through fashionable looks. Although the waiting for Hozier and not even being able to meet him (the worst part was when I found out this morning that he came out just 20 minutes after we left) kinda sucked, it was still a phenomenal concert and we also got to stand next to Orion Carloto while waiting to meet Hozier (she’s vine/youtube/maybe tumblr famous, she helps create a magazine and she’s only 18) and be in the presence of her beauty even though we didn’t meet her because she left really early it was still pretty awesome. I’ll probably be doing these a lot in the next few months because I’m going to a spring show at the Fox and a music festival in May. Every outfit depends on the venue, the weather, and even the musician, so make sure to stay tuned for other concert tips that will be coming up in the next few months!





No comments:

Post a Comment