6.27.2015

The Jumpsuit


 






Today's post is going to be pretty similar to the last because they're both about me experimenting with new trends that may not exactly fit with my personal style. However, I learned that doing so would expand my wardrobe and style, which is necessary in every fashion lover's life. Recently, I have been envying the jumpsuit on other people -- models, people on the street, or really anyone I see that can pull one off. Although I've been envying it, I was scared to get one because I was afraid that I couldn't pull one off like the people I saw. It seems like one of those items only a small percentage of people can wear, and those people have to be (very) tall, fierce, and most of all, confident. I then realized that that mentality is completely wrong, and all it takes to pull off the beloved jumpsuit is an inner confidence. I knew that I was on the path to being able to wear one because I'm pretty tall (about 5'7), but I had this insecurity inside me that told me that I would look like I'm trying to imitate the people that can truly pull off this difficult fashion piece. The biggest thing was that with the jumpsuit, it's hard to add accessories to it to make it more familiar to your own personal style. The outfit can consist of the jumpsuit, shoes, and maybe minimal jewelry, except I'm not really a jewelry type of gal. You all know that I love to layer and add more to outfits to make them unique, so pulling off this outfit was extremely difficult. Right before I went out to buy one, I thought to myself, "All outfits and all fashion can be stylish if my mindset deems them to be." Basically, if you think you look good in something, go ahead and buy it and work that outfit. Absolutely all clothes will look good on you if an inner confidence shines through. I hate to sound like some humanistic psychologist, but this thought was the reason why I went to Lou and Grey and bought the item. Once you find that inner confidence, you need to find the style of jumpsuit that works best for you. Just like the romper, jumpsuits come in thousands of different styles, but because the style is already so new and edgy, it's not necessary to find one that has a unique style. For me, I wanted to find a comfortable, almost casual one, that has a specific cut without sleeves. Luckily, I found the perfect one at Lou and Grey made of an extremely soft fabric that can breathe in the heat. Because it's summer, I had to opt for the most comfortable and light one. What I love about this one is that I can wear it in spring, summer, and fall. For a casual summer look (this is when I went out to dinner with a few friends), I paired the jumpsuit with a simple pair of sandals and minimal makeup to keep things casual. If I wanted to dress it up more, I could wear heavier makeup with a bold lip and add heels. This jumpsuit is so versatile, and I'm really glad that I found that inner confidence because I really do believe that it looks great on me and on anyone else that believes that themselves.



No comments:

Post a Comment