6.01.2015

"Space" Aesthetic




Summer is really about trying new things with fashion. With such a wild season, there are hardly any specific rules to follow, so it is a time to experiment with color schemes, different trends, or looks that are risky but unique.
With my outfits, I usually don't coordinate every piece of my look, but today, I wanted to try something new. Recently, I've been obsessing over the metallic, slightly mod trend. And with this trend, the idea of space may come to mind (at least it did for me). Yes, I'm talking about the starry aesthetic with the galaxy leggings and all. Except galaxy leggings were never okay, and I wanted to be more subtle with a theme like this one. Instead of literally wearing starry patterns and metallic shoes (I had to leave out my silver Tevas for this one), I chose another pathway. I wore a simple indigo dress that only reminds me of outer space, and I contrasted this by tying a white striped shirt around my waist. To complement the shirt, I wore my favorite shimmery socks from Madewell, and I finally completed the look with my Docs. The simplicity of the Docs was the perfect way to make an overly-matching outfit decent, but I also think that the shoes really work with the theme. Because this is a thing I hardly do, I still attempted to keep my own personal style (i.e. tying the shirt around my waist) in this look. I only went out for a quick lunch in this outfit, but I have discovered that I really like basing outfits off of a theme. It may not be perfect for summer, but as I said before, that's what summer is for -- doing things outside the ordinary.


I decided to do minimal makeup for this look because 1) it was a time saver and 2) the outfit already brought enough to the look, so intense makeup might have taken away from the outfit. However, I still put thought into the theme while doing my routine. To match the dress, I wore purple eyeliner on my waterline to accentuate my eyes as well. And to keep my signature look, I still wore lipstick, but I chose a simple berry color to also match with the outfit. I used to never put much thought into how I did makeup, but now that I have discovered that varied types can work with different outfits, I've been doing it differently almost every day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment