3.23.2016

Florals? In SPRING???

WHO KNEW???

This is also one of the spring fashion jokes I've been waiting to use ALL year, next to the title for my last post. I'm a sucker for obvious, not-even-funny sarcasm, and I think the new season makes me more excited about it (and more likely to use this type of humor).

Yes. Florals. In spring, of all seasons. I'm sure the Romans wore florals in spring; I even bet the Mesopotamian civilization was a fan of them. Because that's the first civilization I remember learning about in AP world history two years ago, it's proof that florals and spring have been soulmates forever. Obviously.


Dress by Brandy Melville. Tee by J. Crew. Boots by Sam Edelman. Socks by Madewell.

I'm wearing florals!! And posing next to flowers!! And have pastel hair!! I am the epitome of spring, basically. But wearing florals in a general sense is so, well, forever ago, so instead I layered a floral slip that I only reserve for a swim coverup over a jeweled tee. It's meant to be a dress but Brandy Melville has to make everything "one size fits all" so it really only fits 1% of the population that shop at said store. But this ill-fitting nature worked in my favor because I got to wear a top under it to a) hide the skin that this poorly-fit dress would not cover and b) make an eccentric spring outfit that still involves flowers. The fact that Man Repeller just posted an outfit that involves a slip AND that I just randomly opened a page in my new Nylon to a spread full of slips is a full blown sign that I should buy more slips in every color, fabric, and length.



That's the cool thing about spring fashion -- you can literally do whatever you want. I thought this was reserved for winter, but in winter, there was at least the excuse that you were too damn cold to not wear the turtleneck under the two dresses. But in this season, the only excuse is that it's spring. It's the season of love (I think?), the season of a care-free mentality. That's why wearing boots meant for the rain is completely acceptable to be paired with a floral slip on a sunny day. And that's also why it's okay to wear a barely-there "coverup" to school, of all places. 



I also love this season because it's really fun to experiment with florals (said everyone ever). You can even mix two contrasting floral prints, or do what I did and play with layers to combine two completely different items. Yes, I should be banned from using the word layers ever again (just search the term "layer" on my blog and you'll see why), but layers are reserved for more seasons than  just the freezing one. Instead of layering for warmth, we layer simply because we want to. It feels pretty liberating. Maybe florals can become something even greater than we ever expected.

Comment the way you like to wear florals in this season below!

1 comment:

  1. So adorable! And you are so funny though:D

    www.giustinella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete