1.19.2016

Winter Minis

Thanks to me for begging for colder days, I've been freezing my ass off. We've all been. It's so cold that sometimes I just want to throw on my sweatpants, Uggs (I've owned the same pair since 6th grade), and knee-length puffy jacket only reserved for arctic temperatures and call it a day. But I'm the one who prayed for this cold, and I have to learn to live with my wishes. Just call me ungrateful, or whatever, because it's impossible for me to be happy with the weather we have. My extensive collection of turtlenecks might make this easier, but still, every time I step outside I feel like I could cry. I can literally feel the below freezing winds biting me, if that's even possible. The side of me that only cares about my comfort tells me to just wear the same pair of jeans that have gotten me through this harsh weather, but the fashion side of me says anything is possible, even in 18 degrees. So of course, I listen to my more sensible side.


Turtleneck still embracing my neck, I grab my thickest knit-tights and new mini and fight back. Winter won't win this war, even if my angry expression (the bright sun + cold temp make it impossible for me to smile) says otherwise. Many assume that this intricately designed mini skirt with a formal style (and even some sparkle!!) should only be saved for those formal occasions where heels and decent weather is involved, but I went a different route because damnit, I don't want to wait until March to wear this skirt. 

Top by Asos. Skirt by Urban Outfitters. Shoes by Sam Edelman.
Photos shot by me.



The sparkle in the skirt made my freezing ass well, a little more cheerful. Pairing it with the simple black turtleneck and neutral tights, that work to fight off the cold just as well as jeans, toned down the fancy aspect of the skirt, but its eccentric style still brought life to this dreadful winter. My favorite part about this look is that all I have to do to create a formal outfit is exchange the chelsea boots for my new Steve Madden gold heels, tights included. Not that I work a 9-to-5 job where transitioning from work clothes to a night out is necessary, but this skirt is perfect for just that. I always say how winter is my favorite month for fashion, so the whining about this weather is really strange for me. I just had to be reminded with a low temp of how to make the most of these freezing climates. Yeah, it was miserably cold, but at least I can say that I rocked a mini in 18 degrees. 






No comments:

Post a Comment