1.26.2016

Feeling Myself

Happy 10,000 views!! Well, happy 10,042 views, not including the the three months where this blog was exclusively on my tumblr. But due to this achievement, this new step toward greatness, I decided to celebrate today with self-love. And what better way to self-love than through fashion?



As I sip from my homemade London Fog and listen to Daughter's new album (remember how it's my day of self-love?), I write this post realizing I had not planned any of this until about two hours ago, when I connected my "feeling myself" outfit (there's nothing wrong with referencing a BeyoncĂ© and Nicki song to describe your look) I put together in under two minutes with the news of the 10,000 views. But I realize that it works perfectly -- an outfit that is the embodiment of what I need right now. I'm in that awkward phase of wanting spring weather but still craving to wear a turtleneck every day of the week (Turtleneck Tuesday? More like Turtleneck January), so combine those two needs, and voila, my favorite summer tank turns into a winter accessory for my simple white turtleneck. I'd go for the black one if I wanted a more edgy look, but I wanted to try the white one because I haven't worn much white since I dyed my hair. Pair that with my favorite velvet mini  for a look that Jackie Burkhart from That '70s Show would probably wear circa 2016. And I say that I finished the look with red thigh highs to add to the color scheme, but my secret is that I'm only wearing them because I haven't shaved in God knows how long. I mean, it's January, who has?


After hitting 10,000 views, I have come to realize that I dress the way I dress for that boost of confidence, and yeah, because I strive for the mood from the track that is my title for this post. And even though I was planning on wearing a band shirt and jeans, but decided to put this outfit together while rushing to get to school on time, it all counts the same. Self-love comes in many different forms, and I guess it's the easiest for me when I'm dressed to impress (or express??). If only I could have walked around the halls today carrying a boombox playing "Feeling Myself" on repeat.

Tank by Gap. Turtleneck, skirt, and shoes by Asos. 
Photos shot by me

Feel free to share how you self-love, whether it's through fashion or any other aspect of life.





No comments:

Post a Comment