10.19.2015

It's Starting to Feel Like Fall...

Finally! It has been fall for a month now, and not once (at least in Georgia) has it felt like it. I've had to do some intense research on how to rock fall trends in hot weather, and wearing a mini skirt in an "autumn way" is not an easy thing to accomplish (unless you're the wonderful Man Repeller). There was one perk, however, because I haven't had the chance to go fall shopping. Wool skirts and jeans weren't even needed because the temp would always be above 70, but now, this problem actually exists. I can't let the fact that I own zero new fall clothing faze me because this weather automatically puts me in happy mode. So I decided to work with what I have...



It's so simple to make practically anything work in the fall. Maybe that's why it's my favorite fashion season... Anyways, I haven't had the chance to get new clothes, so I paired my button-up skirt from Urban Outfitters with my favorite knit turtleneck (also from Urban Outfitters) that I haven't even touched since last February. Because it's been so long since I've worn the sweater, wearing it today was just like wearing a brand new one. That's the beauty of not buying a completely new wardrobe for every season (which I still find absolutely crazy) -- you can wear old items from a few seasons ago in completely different ways, and people will probably think it's new. To work with the cooler weather, I wore my thigh highs because it wasn't cold enough to pull out the knit tights that are reserved for December and January.


Skirt and sweater by Urban Outfitters. Jacket by Juicy Couture. Shoes by Asos.
Photos taken by me

I even took my denim jacket, which I usually reserve as a light layer to be worn in the spring or summer, as an additional layer for when I had to walk outside. Denim has always been a spring/summer staple, but anyone can transition it into the fall/winter (like me!). And voila! I took old basics and created a brand new look that works perfectly with fall fashion and weather. I still need to eventually get new clothes for the fall (and winter), but I find it pretty easy to create unique looks with old clothing. I think I've said this about 100 times through this blog, but I have (once again) proven that you don't need the time (or money) to create fashion-forward looks with the change of the season. You should take risks with autumn because it's the season of fashion experimentation, at least in my mind. Happy fall, everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Really cute outfit.I also like the idea of using old clothes over and over again. It keeps me on budget and forces me to use tap into my imagination a bit more.

    www.chicuturnonglitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete