7.03.2017

I've Found the Color of the Season

Well, I've found about 10 colors for this season.

In collaboration with Tobi.

Marigold yellow being one of them. Also, is millennial pink still a thing? Oh, and don't forget white (it's summer!).

But have you guys ever thought about a dusty palette, consisting of a dusty rose, taupe, rust, maybe even a blush? Kind of like Glossier's cloudpaint in dusk, or any color that resembles the sunset. All following a warm palette, but not too warmbright reds aren't included. It's kind of like turning the saturation down. Like a mute button for colors! Reformation has been on this trend with their blush hues, and I've also merely observed these shades on so many NYC dwellers.

Or maybe it's just me?

Even if it is, I really want these hues to officially appear in every window display. They might feel more fall, but that's where the fun of it liesunexpected trends are so much better!

Do you remember how I mentioned white at the beginning of this post?

No? Then you must have a really bad memory. Hate to break it to you.

If you answered yes, then keep reading! White has always been a summer essential to me, as most people would agree. I'm even wearing a white linen mini as I type these words. So to style these dusty hues, I paired them with, you guessed it, white. White seems so "boating in the south of France," or "sipping rosé on an NYC rooftop while watching the sun set," which is practically my two moods during the summer, even if neither of them are actually realistic. Let's begin!












































































Top by Tobi. Pants and bandana by Madewell. Shoes by & Other Stories.




In Exhibit A, I styled something I haven't worn, well, ever. A tube top!!! Am I in 2002 rn? Tobi inspired me to take the leap. I've always loved exposing my shoulders with off-the-shoulder tops, so why not go all the way and also reveal 100% of my arms? This taupe shade caught my eye merely because it directly resembles chocolate ice cream, which is what I dream about 24/7 during the summer months. How fitting! I paired it with my favorite pants of the summer, aka my wide-leg white jeans from Madewell, to make it less 2000s, but also to add a scoop of vanilla to the mix. Completing the 'fit with a gingham bandana and these mules that have existed on my feet all summer, no matter how uncomfortable they get after hours of walking around NYC, added my personal style to this chocolate vanilla swirl. Yummy!







































Skirt by Tobi. Top by Reformation

Exhibit B consists of the opposite of what you read about earlier. I'm rocking a midi again! This time it's in skirt form and in a rusty orange color that reminds me of pumpkins, but also summer for some strange reason. Maybe exchange pumpkins for peaches? That's better. My summer white came in the form of a Reformation wrap top, which is something that is glued to my torso just like the mules are to my feet. I can't decide if the hardest part about this outfit was either tying my top or buttoning my skirt. Either way, it was still far too easy, which is just what I need this summer. Something simple and familiar, as I'm currently living in the most complex and unfamiliar city ever. Cheers to fashion making life better!

Special thanks to Tobi for the skirt and top.

No comments:

Post a Comment