7.10.2017

The Alternative Canadian Tux

Because who doesn't love a good denim on denim lewk?

In collaboration with Tobi.

I know for a fact that I could potentially be named the number one fan AND wearer of the Canadian tuxedoI've been working this baby at least three times a week for the past month. I've been a fanatic of denim for the past, well, my entire life. I've talked about it on here at least five times. So it's finally time to take the leap! The leap into double denim, that is. In the past, I've only slightly experimented with a double denim look, only using subtle denim combinations, like chambray tops tied around my waist with a denim skirt or pairing black denim with blue denim. Now, I go full on Bob from Twin Peaks.


Reference pic above, if you have no idea what I'm talking about. PSA: I'm planning on going as him for Halloween this year. Get excited.

I'm not sure if I blame my love for Twin Peaks or my half-Canadian blood, but the double denim is going strong! I usually just do the typical jeans and jacket combo, but this time, I wanted to ~mix~ things up. Still paying tribute to my man Bob, but doing so in a bit of a different (and less creepy) way. 

Slip (worn as a top) by Tobi. Jeans and shirt by Madewell. Shoes by & Other Stories.


I kept the jeans that are usually the key player in these looks, but swapped the typical jacket for a denim slip dress from Tobi that I transformed into a top. Sort of sad that I had to hide the fringe hem on this dress due to my pants, so maybe another day I'll try another denim-denim look by stripping the pants and layering a denim jacket over my shoulders. However, these jeans have been glued to my legs all summer (they are called the Perfect Summer Jean...), so they're not leaving my body anytime soon, even if it is 90 degrees outside. I layered a white tee under the slip and tied a bandana around my wrist to add a few non-denim pieces to the denim party, but wouldn't it be interesting if it were a denim tee and a denim bandana? Too much? 

If you wanna get even crazier, you could add a jean jacket to finish the look. In my opinion, you can never wear too much denim. Justin and Britney prove that theory correct (maybe this will be my Halloween costume instead?). So go ahead, experiment away! If the big bad from the most iconic Lynchian dream sequence could pull it off, you can, too.

Special thanks to Tobi for the slip.

Photos shot by Venesa.

twitter | instagram | facebook | tumblr | bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment