6.07.2017

Summer 'Fit Inspo

Aka the hardest season to get dressed.

It's summer!!!!!!

Well, in 20(ish) days, exactly. But my move to NYC is the symbolic transition to summer, at least for me, as long days writing papers in D.C. has transformed to long days working (two jobs!) in NYC.

Before my move to the city, I was in Atlanta (aka home) for a few weeks, and it was HOT. Insert sun emoji, fire emoji, sweat emoji, even the SOS emoji. As Atlanta always is.

Heat can mean a gross amount of sweating, OR it can mean picnics! You could be like most people, and simply bring a picnic blanket to celebrate the occasion, or you could be like me, and decide to impersonate said picnic blanket. Wake up people, gingham is in!

It's important to note that I did not wear any of the below outfits to an actual picnic. Proof that you don't have to attend a picnic to look like one!







































Dress by Urban Outfitters. Sandals by Madewell

In exhibit A of my Summer 'Fit Inspo, I decided to take the metaphor a bit too seriously and put only two items on my body--a mini dress that exactly mimics a picnic and lace-up sandals that scream summer. Isn't there a saying that goes something like "if you can't be the part, dress like it"? Well, this is me doing just that. Who doesn't want to feel like a warm summer day filled with snacks?


T-shirt by Monogram. Lace slip by Urban Outfitters. Pants are thrifted.

Now if you're into something more subtle, choose smaller checks with less contrast (black and brown, for example), and add more prints than just gingham. Exhibit B does just this--I paired understated gingham with lots (well, more than one) layers, including my favorite "fashionable" t-shirt and a black lace slip that is supposed to be a dress but looks way cooler as a top. I added the same lace-up sandals because they seem so fit for a picnic. Still haven't figured out why. Now all I need is a picnic basket!


Happy summer, folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment