2.05.2016

The True "Atlanta Teen"

So let me get this straight:



How to be the true ATL teen: go down with a big group of your cool + hip friends to some abandoned parking lot type area with those typical graffiti walls then have an impromptu photoshoot with said graffiti walls as the backdrop. Am I doing Atlanta right?



How I actually tried to be an ATL teen: go down with only two of your cool + hip friends to the same abandoned parking lot type area with graffiti walls but instead in search for the perfect location to shoot photos for your AP art portfolio (while attempting to avoid the graffiti walls because that's just too ATL) and then happen to take impromptu photoshoot with the cliché graffiti in the background but drag your cool + artsy recently rekindled BFF  into the photos because she just screams Atlanta with those sneakers but then I realize that I'm really only taking these because Averie forced me to pose for these pictures just for my blog because she's my first official fan. And that, my friends, is how you do Atlanta. I think. Maybe if I wore my Stan Smiths like I did here I'd be more Atlanta, but those Chelsea boots are only making me look like a cool fashion blogger from London (at least I got the ripped black skinnies and oversized denim jacket right). I'll be out of this state in seven months, I don't even know why I even try to embrace that ATL lifestyle. My inability to even wear the correct shoes (rain boots?? really, Natalie???) is a sign that I should move up north. And maybe my theory that there is only one correct way to do Atlanta just makes me sound like some pretentious Atlanta teen, but I didn't even do Atlanta right, so am I even allowed to be called a pretentious Atlanta teen, especially when I don't even live in Atlanta? All of this is too confusing, so instead of getting angry at myself for not fulfilling my desires as a cool + artsy teen, I'll live with my nontypical experience. Unique is cooler. I guess I'll try again tomorrow night at Teen Night at the High (so Atlanta, right!?).

My look: top by Asos, Jacket by Juicy Couture, jeans by Madewell, shoes by Sam Edelman, backpack by Urban Outfitters.
Averie's look: jacket by Topshop (originally mine), jeans by, as she quotes, "some place in  Germany", shoes by Adidas.
First photo shot by Averie, others shot by my cool + hip photographer friend Jason.

Atlanta natives: did I do ATL right?

No comments:

Post a Comment