12.07.2015

One Year "Blog-versary"

And finally, it's been a (little over) a year of writing for this blog, and I've seen one thing: self-growth.

This post isn't going to include any extraordinary fashion tips or ideas like my others. It's going to be similar to that one time I got personal on here.


Anyways, it's been a year. A full year of me writing for something that carries no requirements except for my own personal ones. Something that I do for me, and only me, and it's allowed me to realize so much about myself. I started this as a joke. Well, maybe not to that extent, but it was never supposed to become anything. But it did. I'm so thankful that it did not collapse after the first month because without it I feel like I would have nothing in my life that continuously progresses into something bigger each day. That sounds almost depressing, but when I look at how far I've come in the past year, I can only smile at what I've accomplished.

Having a fashion blog may not sound like an outstanding accomplishment to some. Maybe I should have gotten a perfect score on the SAT or gotten into some prestigious pre-college summer program. Those may be greater than mine, but all that matters is that this accomplishment is important to me. Not anyone can just create a fashion blog and maintain it for a year successfully, but I did that. And I hate to sound like some entitled snob, but I realize I'm the opposite. I'm nowhere near fashion-world fame, and I'm okay with that.

I like to think that I've made it somewhere with this blog. Before, all I did was obsess over fashion in that materialistic way: all I wanted was the most coveted and expensive thing in stores. It was almost obnoxious, and I never say that about myself. Now, I realize that fashion isn't about the material world, but about the self-expressive world. I'd like to think that most fashion-lovers realize that by now, but unfortunately, some still think that money means quality of style. Yeah, I would love to buy a Valentino gown and have my entire wardrobe be by Alexander Wang and Dior. But that's not how the real world works, and that's definitely not what fashion is about for me. And this blog has  finally led me to the conclusion that fashion is art, not money.

I love writing for this blog. It's not something I dread doing weekly just to please my readers. It's not even close -- I actually look forward to writing my posts. It's the highlight of my week, maybe next to watching reruns of That '70s Show and America's Next Top Model (no shame). If I could write posts for this daily, I would, but my schedule is just too busy to come close to that. I used to be able to write 2-4 times a week, and I miss that. I'm hoping that I'll be able to increase my frequency next semester, but I'm still thankful that I get to write about my passion once a week. I'm still in high school, and I'm already living my dream...

Obviously, it can't be realistic for me to think that this blog can become my career. I have plans to pursue my dreams in alternative ways, but this blog just gets me one step closer to reaching my dream. This is starting to sound like a motivational speech, so I'm going to end soon, but I'm just glad that I've been able to keep up with this blog for a year. Many could have quit in the first week, but I kept writing even if I only got three views on my first few posts. It has taught me that things take time. This one surely did.

No comments:

Post a Comment