9.14.2015

Fashion Week Trends

It's Spring/Summer fashion week season, a.k.a. my 2nd favorite time of the year (the Autumn/Winter one will always be my favorite, I have a thing for cold weather fashion). With the start of New York Fashion Week, fashion shows, the latest trends, and the best street styles are all any fashion lover is talking about. Even living 800+ miles away from the event, I still try to use this time as my own "mini" fashion week. No, I don't put on my own fashion shows (if only that were possible...), but I do use what I've learned from these past fashion weeks into my own style. The AW 2015 fashion weeks brought some of my favorite trends to the runway, and now that it's almost Fall of 2015, it's time to showcase what we've learned from those fabulous fashion shows. The start of the SS16 fashion weeks is around the time where the clothing from the AW15 fashion weeks actually comes out in stores, so now is the perfect time to dress "fashion week ready". I would love to head over to Topshop and buy the AW15 collection (which was definitely my favorite of the season), but my lack of money prevents that from happening anytime soon. The time for that will come (hopefully before this fall and winter end), but to still showcase fall trends without spending, I combined a few items I've bought in the past to make the perfect look.


Since it's still officially summer, choosing a perfect fall/winter outfit is pretty tough in this weather. However, making fall-esque outfits perfect for warm weather is not too difficult. I took the trend of bold prints and mini skirts (which were usually done in thick fabrics, like suede) and made it compatible for summer by choosing a light skirt from Urban Outfitters. Button-up skirts have been on the fashion-must-haves list for months now (I already own three, and I still want more), so the skirt in the photo above is perfect to become fashion week ready. Denim by itself was not a specific trend we all saw in the runway shows during last season's fashion weeks, but the combination of the shirt and skirt pertain to one I noticed a lot -- the return of the '70s. I've been all for this trend ever since my review of the Topshop AW15 show, and it still lasts with the revival of suede and other styles from the past. The '70s bring a certain nostalgic feeling that make us want to bring our denim flares out once more. Because I'm not technically on board with that return, I went for the trend in a more subtle manner by pairing a denim shirt with a bold mini. Even the faded blue and rustic red color scheme works with this revival. Wearing AW15 trends just gets me more excited about the upcoming SS16 trends. I only wish I were in New York right now, being surrounded by fashion, but the time for that will come, hopefully in a year.

Shirt by Gap. Skirt by Urban Outfitters. Shoes by Adidas.
Photos taken by me.

Side note: Because I'm extremely busy this semester (AP classes, college apps, two jobs, and dance), I'll only be able to post about once a week (probably in the beginning, like Mondays, so I can use the weekend to prepare for the posts). Once this semester is over, I'll be able to post how I normally post (2-4 times a week). 



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading your post and also see your gorgeous images. I think you are fashion designer because you have many classic information related to fashion anyways keep it up. Deans New Leather Jacket

    ReplyDelete