4.26.2015

Vintage + Modern





I’m just now talking about my outfit from Friday because I was in Athens all weekend due to a dance competition (which, by the way, went really well!). Anyways, I wanted to do something comfortable because I had to drive down to Athens after school and perform my solo only an hour after that. Because it’s basically impossible for me to dress just for comfort, I decided to add a cute factor to a comfortable outfit by using “vintage” items. They may not technically be vintage, but the top is from my dad’s ultimate frisbee team from UGA and the chambray shirt (which I’ve been wearing way too much recently) is my mom’s from her early adulthood (and the hidden paint stains definitely add a vintage touch). As you can tell, the top does have a few holes in the top, but it added a grunge factor without being obnoxious. The most annoying thing is how clothing brands (like Free People) sell t-shirts with holes in them for over $40 when you could just steal one of your dad’s old tees that already has holes in it from the years of wear and tear. In this case, I think the holes are okay because the shirt is actually old. And in this top, the geometric shapes (that I soon found out were the shape of Georgia) give off a mod look that contrasts with the vintage feel of the top. I paired this distressed top with my favorite green circle skirt from Urban Outfitters and layered the old chambray top over it to complete the look. Finally, to once again contrast with the older style, I paired my new metallic sandals from Asos with my black thigh highs. In the end, I almost looked like a pretentious art student, but honestly, I was okay with that. 

1 comment: