2.06.2017

Tissue Turtleneck Three Ways: Phase III

All good things must come to an end.

Phase III is here! If you forgot and/or are wondering what the hell phase III means, don't worry! I almost forgot about it, too. I've been doing a turtleneck challenge with J. Crew's tissue turtlenecks because a) I now own three of them and b) I'm always down to promote these babies not because I'm a victim of corporate consumerism, but because they're just that good. Everyone needs one (or five) in their wardrobes!!! Two weeks ago I proved their embellishing nature in Phase I by only revealing a rust-tinted neck under a victorian lace blouse, one week ago I proved their necessity by not daring to layer anything over it and pairing it with a mini skirt in Phase II. So it's about time for phase III! And unfortunately the end of this wonderful challenge I've had a blast doing (I hope you had just as much fun reading about it). If I owned ten of these, I would be extending the challenge to ten turtlenecks, and I'd even be able to give the turtleneck ten separate qualities, one for each color. My limited amount of turtlenecks (and funds) forces me to put an end to this, so I'm going out with a bang and revealing the convenience of these staples.

Here's phase III:



































Jumpsuit and tassel cuff by Madewell. Boots by Topshop.


Most people's initial gut reaction to the turtleneck is oh, yeah, I should definitely start wearing these more because it's really damn cold outside. I always attempted to forget this primary purpose, mostly because I wanted to assign more universality to these tops (wearing a turtleneck in 60 degrees should be allowed, right??). But now I'm reassigning the turtlenecks purpose today, because here, I actually did slip this hot pink baby on because it was really damn cold. My regular readers should know that I don't let the cold stop me from what I'm wearing (like here and here), so I decided to wear a velvet cami jumpsuit, which is definitely meant for winter (imagine wearing this to an NYE party!!), but the lack of sleeves say otherwise. So tissue turtleneck comes to the rescue! How convenient!!! I went for my pink one, not only because it was the last one left in the challenge, but also because I've learned that this bright hue of pink can really brighten up a freezing day. This tint of turtleneck alone could look like a 4th grader's dream, the velvet jumpsuit alone could resemble  Bianca Jagger's #ootd, but combined, they represent my personal style.

I told you these things were magical!!!

I finished the look with the same boots I've worn this entire challenge, mostly because I'm still in that honeymoon phase with them that is bound to end soon, once I get myself a pair of loafer mules. And to really make this last day of my challenge go out with a bang, I took photos on a roof with DC staring at me in the background. I'm not sure if it's the pop of pink or the bright sun making this outfit look truly ~entrancing~, but I am sure that the sensation of the softer-than-a-cloud material embracing my neck did make me feel the most me. And I'm sure you'll feel that same revelation, too.

Buy a few (or ten!) tissue turtlenecks here.
Photos shot by Brianna.

Psa: this post (or challenge) was not initiated because J. Crew (or affiliated companies) asked me to do so, and I am not being paid or sponsored to promote these turtlenecks. I just really, really like them! I hope you will, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment