5.19.2015

Jeweled Top






Because it’s my last full day of junior year, I wanted to “dress my best” because I won’t be trying for the next three days (they’re finals days, meaning we have half days with two finals a day). So technically, this is my last post before summer fashion, which will be more laid-back, but I will still be making posts. To achieve this goal on my final day, I wore a simple yet paradoxically formal outfit. This was due to the contrasting styles in the items I wore today. The jewels on my top sophisticate the outfit, yet the top is basically a sweatshirt. I still found comfort in the soft and informal shape of the top, but the jewels were able to make the outfit more formal and they added emphasis to a simple look. To further “formalize” the outfit but still stay simple, I wore my favorite maroon skirt from American Apparel that is honestly one of the most comfortable basics I own. I completed the look with my favorite Topshop sandals. Based on most of the outfits I have worn this Spring, one pattern has been recurring -- simpler outfits are the way to go during this season. Not only is it better for the warmer weather, but with such a short time until summer, we hardly want to put any effort into what we wear (as you can tell by my lack of posts recently). Each outfit I have discussed recently gives a specific method to make simple outfits unique, and in this look, small embellishments are what do the trick. The jewels on the neckline of the top put effort into the outfit, even if it only took me two minutes to plan it. This pattern will definitely continue into the summer due to the even more lack of effort. However, effort is not always equivalent to fashion. Sometimes, the looks that required the least amount of effort are the most fashionable and unique. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I liked his look.
    kiss

    Ingrid Abreu
    visit too: http://blogelassemfrescura.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete