2.18.2015

Trend of the Week: The Leather Jacket




The trend of the leather jacket has been around for multiple decades now, and it seems like it will never fade. But with each era comes a different style that is completely unique from the last. Starting in the '50s, only guys wore it to look more "masculine", and as the decades passed, it became a style that was more rebellious (think '80s British punk and '90s grunge). Now, it's coming back in a universal way -- practically any gender can wear it with almost anything to give a more edgy feel but to also keep warm. Today, it was under 10 degrees, so I had to layer with my favorite turtleneck from Urban Outfitters and button-down from Gap paired with my Madewell skinnies. Usually, I'd pair this typical outfit with my pea-coat from J. Crew, but I wanted to try something new, so I dug out this leather jacket from my mom's closet and finished the look with it. It's surprisingly warmer than it looks, and it gives any outfit a super cool style. It can also be paired with dresses and skirts to decrease their femininity or even with cut-offs for that awkward transition from winter to spring. Although it's fairly expensive, the jacket looks good with anything and it's extremely practical, so I'd suggest invest in one (I'm thinking of buying my own pretty soon). Practically seen everywhere on the streets of New York and London, the leather jacket is still here to stay, just 2015 is making the look ten times cooler than it used to be.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog recently and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
    Interesting posts and beautiful photos!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete