7.12.2015

California: Day 4

I spent the last three days in San Francisco, but because my dad had a skating race in Napa, my family and I went up to Napa for a few days. Napa is so beautiful that it could be mistaken for a small town in Italy, like Tuscany, just by looking at its rolling hills and hundreds of wineries. However, it's really not the place for people under 21. People literally come up here just to drink wine at the famous wineries Napa is known for. Other than that, there's not much to do, so you can probably assume that it's not the best place for me because I'm only 17. However, I still wanted to make the best of it with fashion. The only fashion up here is the looks of the thousands of "wine moms" (as I like to call them) and the swanky 20/30-somethings that travel up here just for the famous French Laundry restaurant. But because we were going out to dinner at this nice Italian restaurant, I wanted to look my best and use this as an excuse for a blog post.




(First off, I apologize for the low quality pictures -- I didn't have my camera with me)

While I was still in San Francisco, I was walking around in the famous Haight Ashbury neighborhood that is known for its "hippie culture" (The Grateful Dead and Janis Joplin lived there), quirky shops, and vibrant street art. The only downside is that it's filled with "gutterpunks", aka the people who choose to live on the streets and be homeless even though they come from decent home lives. They are basically the white people with dreads who are "homeless" but wear Birkenstocks, so they're not the kind of people I want to be around. However, the shopping was pretty awesome, and I got the shoes I'm wearing in the above pictures for half off in one of the shops there. 
To continue back to my Napa outfit, I noticed that the weather was way warmer here than in San Francisco. SF is a little bubble of cool air, and almost everything around it is at least 10 degrees warmer. However, it wasn't boiling hot, so I could wear a light sweater without being uncomfortable. To meet these 75 degree weather expectations, I wore my favorite green skirt from Urban Outfitters to let my legs breathe, but layered my black sweater from Madewell over it due to the slight breeze in the area. I finished the outfit with the new metallic shoes I bought, which completely contrast with the sweater due to its summer vibe. However, I really liked the balance between the fall/winter sweater and the summer shoes because it definitely fit in with the weather here in California.

With my makeup, I went for a natural look again by just using a rose eyeshadow. I noticed that in San Francisco (and in Napa), people wear way less makeup, especially eye makeup, so I wanted to fit in by lacking the bold eyeliner I usually wear. However, I still wanted to make a statement with my makeup, so I completed the look by using a deep red Nars lip pencil, which, by the way, is definitely worth the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment